JLD Council seat vacancies
Nominations are now open for the forthcoming Law Society Council seat vacancies – two of which are JLD seats:
- LPC student and trainee seat (a two-year term)
- Solicitor up to five years qualified seat (a four-year term)
The deadline for nominations is 10 May 2017. If you are interested in standing for one of the seats (or even one of the other Law Society Council seats) you can find further information here.
JLD free live broadcast webinar on stress in the legal profession – 10 May at 6pm
The JLD is hosting a FREE live broadcast webinar on Wednesday 10 May at 6pm on stress in the legal profession. This follows the session on stress management at the JLD conference and recent publication of the JLD’s resilience and wellbeing report.
Participants will benefit from the webinar by:
- Seeing how they can take personal responsibility for improving their wellbeing
- Starting to gain an understanding of the source of stress; and
- Exploring how we can do our best work irrespective of challenging external pressures
Secondment opportunity for trainees in Brussels
The Law Society is offering trainee solicitors from the UK a unique opportunity to undertake a six-month secondment at its office in Brussels commencing in September 2017. The closing date for applications is 11 June. Further information and how to apply
National JLD Upcoming events
Please note the following upcoming events
- Law Society Excellence Awards 2017: Junior Lawyer of the Year. Deadline for nominations is Friday 27 May. Details can be found here.
- Legal Pride 2017: Saturday 8 July, London.
- JLD executive committee elections: nominations open early September.
- JLD forum (for trainees and solicitors): Saturday 16 September, London. Register your interest in attending.
- JLD forum (for LPC students and graduates): Saturday 7 October, London. Register your interest in attending.
- JLD annual essay competition: September / October.