Saturday 17 September 2016 (London)
10.30am to 16.30 (followed by networking drinks reception till 17.30pm)
2.5 CPD points available
The Junior Lawyers Division, in is holding a free one-day skills event, aimed at trainees, NQs and solicitors up to 5 years’ PQE. The aim is to equip those who are at the start of their careers with skills and advice necessary to progress, diversify and develop within the legal profession. Please join us for presentations, discussion and activities which will be of value and assistance to both those who are approaching qualification and those who have begun to acquire PQE, with speakers who are highly regarded and experienced in their field.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
The programme includes sessions on:
- Moving firms after qualification: things to consider when moving upon or after qualification and how to cope with the change.
- Understanding your pay and benefits.
- Effective use of LinkedIn for career development: how to use social media to further your career including top rules, status updates and tagging.
- Making a difference in the profession: pro bono, volunteering and extra-curricular – how you can make a difference.
- Raising your commercial awareness and understanding your business sector
- Implications of Brexit on the legal profession
- CV review clinics
Who should attend the forum?
The event is for trainees, NQ solicitors and solicitors up to five years qualified.
How to book
For further information and to book your place please visit the JLD website here.