Each year the Access to Justice Foundation organises the Great Legal Quiz which takes place during National Bro Bono Week (7-11 November 2016).
The Great Legal Quiz is a national event being held on Wednesday 9th November across England and Wales to raise funds for free legal advice charities. All registered teams compete for the title of ‘Great Legal Quiz Team’ and whichever team scores the highest will claim the title! All funds raised will go to support the work of regional Legal Support Trusts who are supported by the Access to Justice Foundation.
A lot more information on the Quiz, including how to register your team can be found on our website here: http://www.atjf.org.uk/great-legal-quiz.html
JLD forum – career development and skills for junior lawyers
Saturday 17 September 2016 (London)
10.30am to 16.30 (followed by networking drinks reception till 17.30pm)
2.5 CPD points available
The Junior Lawyers Division, in is holding a free one-day skills event, aimed at trainees, NQs and solicitors up to 5 years’ PQE. The aim is to equip those who are at the start of their careers with skills and advice necessary to progress, diversify and develop within the legal profession. Please join us for presentations, discussion and activities which will be of value and assistance to both those who are approaching qualification and those who have begun to acquire PQE, with speakers who are highly regarded and experienced in their field.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
The programme includes sessions on:
- Moving firms after qualification: things to consider when moving upon or after qualification and how to cope with the change.
- Understanding your pay and benefits.
- Effective use of LinkedIn for career development: how to use social media to further your career including top rules, status updates and tagging.
- Making a difference in the profession: pro bono, volunteering and extra-curricular – how you can make a difference.
- Raising your commercial awareness and understanding your business sector
- Implications of Brexit on the legal profession
- CV review clinics
Who should attend the forum?
The event is for trainees, NQ solicitors and solicitors up to five years qualified.
How to book
For further information and to book your place please visit the JLD website here.
RSVP to social@bristolJLD.co.uk